Yes, we’ve been warned countless time about being careful in the sun. Though whether we deliberately ignore the warnings or simply underestimate the power of the sun, it happens, we get sunburned. So now what?
Surprisingly, most people don’t know exactly how to treat a sunburn.
Here are 5 easy home remedies for sunburn relief. These tips will help alleviate the pain, speed up the healing and minimize any long term damage.
1. Wash face and body with a cool chamomile compress made of chilled chamomile tea concentrate and a cotton pad or face towel drenched in it. Squeeze out excess liquid and pat face and body. Be sure not to rub or wipe, as not to irritate, pull or tear skin. Just pat into skin. Solution may be chilled in the fridge and may be used as a cooling compress throughout the day. Cold water can also be used if you don’t have chamomile. Never use ice. It’s too cold and will only further irritate.
2. Apply Organic Omega lotion. Shameless plug, but it really works amazingly! Our Organic Omega Booster is all natural and is loaded with Omega 3, 6 and 9 which nourish skin and speed up recovery time. Don’t delay, the sooner you apply it the quicker it will work. Depending on the severity of the burn, apply 3-4 time a day for 2-4 days.
3. Take a chill pill. Don’t be timid about taking an ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation. It will help you rest better, which in turns allows your body to repair itself.
4. Stay away from any products with acids or Vitamin C. These ingredients will only irritate skin and make the burn worse.
5. Drink. No, not wine. Burns draw water from the rest of your body, so keep sipping to avoid dehydration and even heat stroke. Waters with added electrolytes can be even more effective at preventing dehydration.