Probiotics are live friendly bacteria that, when consumed in sufficient quantities, provide health benefits beyond basic nutrition.
Many adults experience occasional digestive discomfort is an unpleasant reality that presents a significant obstacle to reaching individual health and lifestyle goals.
A 2013 survey revealed that approximately 72% of American adults experience at least one gastrointestinal (GI) symptom, such as diarrhea, gas, bloating, stomach pains, or frequent bowel movements, per month. The same survey also found that 73% of those experiencing occasional digestive discomfort also reported feeling frustration associated with the issue.
A lackluster complexion has also been linked to imbalance of friendly gut bacteria.
The Human Microbiome
The complex communities of microorganisms that colonize the human gastrointestinal tract, referred to as the Human Biome play an important role in human health. The World Health Organization (WHO) defines probiotics as live microorganisms, which when administered in adequate amounts confer health benefits to the host. In addition, the WHO suggests that the health benefits of probiotics are genus, species, and strain specific.4
1) Competition with unhealthy organisms for growth substrates (effectively, the probiotic uses up the “food” and “starves” the unwanted organisms),
2) Enhancing immune cell function, and
3) May break down the toxins produced by “bad” bacteria.
The probiotic bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM® is the most widely studied strain of Lactobacillus acidophilus with over 200 research publications.
Clinical research has demonstrated that Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®
- Supports healthy immune function
- Supports a healthy balance of intestinal microbiota
- May support lactose digestion
The benefits of overall health and skin radiance are countless, and it's as easy as taking 1 little supplement!
Why Acidophilus Flora?
- Daily support for GI and immune health*
- Helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal microbiota*
- Restores vibrant complexion*
- 15 billion live friendly organisms in each capsule up to the date of expiration
- Triple GMP certified for purity.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.