Good skin doesn’t happen overnight but there are things you can do to help along the way. With over 40 years of experience, Sonya Dakar is sharing her favorite skincare tips with you.
- Stay consistent. Any workout requires persistent work to show results. The same is true with your skin. Make sure you’re following your skincare routine every morning and evening. No cheating and no skipping! Whether your regimen is short and sweet or minimalistic or ritualistic, taking care of your skin is too important to pass by.
- Avoid using hot water, including saunas and showers. We know it feels good but hot water dehydrates your skin and triggers redness and irritation. This is especially true for rosacea or eczema. Warm water should be more than sufficient for your skin’s needs.
- Get hands-on. You don’t need fancy brushes or tools to wash your face or apply products. Your hands have the perfect amount of pressure and texture to complete each and every step of your routine. And don’t forget to wash your hands before you begin your skincare ritual.
- Oil is your friend! No matter what type of skin you have, a good facial oil is critical to your overall routine. In addition to the natural glow, face oils help balance your skin’s natural oil production and nourish your skin.
- Eye cream goes on like sunglasses. Most people apply eye creams to just their lower lids. Take a little extra care to apply creams around your eyes as well, targeting laugh lines and cheekbones. This ensures maximum impact for your targeted eye treatments and works with your other products to continually nourish and hydrate skin where signs of aging start the earliest.